“Agroforestry – the Future of Global Land Use”
DEADLINE SUBMISSION: 30 November 2008
Submit your abstracts and participate in the 2nd World Congress of Agroforestry (WCA2) that will be held in Nairobi (Kenya), from the 23rd to the 28th of August 2009.
The objective of the Congress is to share lessons and experiences by assessing opportunities to leverage agroforestry in promoting sustainable land use worldwide.
The Congress will serve as a forum for researchers, educators, practitioners and policy makers from around the world to share new findings, explore new opportunities, and strengthen partnerships and engage with communities of practice.
The themes of the Congress are:
* Markets supporting agroforestry land use
* Tree based rehabilitation of degraded lands and watersheds
* Climate change adaptation and mitigation
* Agroforestry contributing to environmental sustainability and
* Policy options and institutional innovations for agroforestry land use